The fast-moving brush fire that broke out in Murrieta, named the Liberty Firehas closed all schools in the Murrieta Valley and Temecula Valley Unified School Districts Friday.
Here are the facts as of 7am Friday Morning according to Murrieta Fire & Rescue:
• Fire is currently estimated at 300 acres, 60% contained, 1 structure and 6 outbuildings have been lost.
• No injuries as a result of the Liberty Fire
• Evacuations remain in place for residents bordering:
Los Alamos between Ruth Ellen & Briggs Road
Maclean & Golden Eagle.
• The City is currently working on a re-population plan, additional information in future updates.
• Los Alamos Road remains closed to traffic at this time.
• Edison is currently working to restore power to approximately 50 customers. Crews worked through the night and will continue to work on restoring power to those impacted.
Murrieta Mesa High School was open overnight as a care and reception facility. Murrieta Mesa High School, located at 24801 Monroe Ave, Murrieta, CA 92562.
For additional information and updates follow @MurrietaFire, @CityofMurrieta & @MurrietaPD on Facebook and Twitter and the city website at: www.MurrietaCa.gov
Press Release Provided by Murrieta Fire & Rescue
File Photo by Scott Padgett